I made a quick trip to Costco and saw a huge container of pre-cut Butternut Squash in the produce area; I could never turn that down. Since I usually only cook for myself, I knew I was going to have a lot of left-overs, but my roomies love to help me out 🙂 There was a recipe provided on the container, but I tweaked it a little and it turned out WONDERFUL!
The original recipe called for an apple instead of a pear and I used roasted squash seeds and walnuts instead of the pecans recommended.
- 2- 8×8 baking sheets
- 1 lb cubed butternut squash
- 1 pear (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons of local honey
- 1/4 cup of walnut halves/pieces
- 1/8 cup of roasted squash seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon saigon cinnamon (reg. cinnamon is fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray bottom of baking dishes with pam or cooking spray
- Arrange cubed squash and pear in the baking dishes with ~2 tablespoons of water in the pans
- Roast, uncovered, for ~20 minutes or until mostly cooked through (meanwhile- mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl)
- Take the butternut squash/pears out of the oven and evenly divide the honey mixture among the two baking dishes, stir lightly to coat
- Roast, uncovered, for another 8-10 minutes. Remove and serve!