Who doesn’t love banana bread?! I don’t know a single person. I love this recipe and it always seems to hit the spot.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 3 Tbspn vegetable oil/canola oil
- 1 tspn good vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 3/4 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (weird, i know…but it works)
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (I used raisins this time around)
(Heat the oven to 350° F. Lightly oil a loaf pan. )
1. Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, canola oil and vanilla extract in one bowl.
2. Stir together the whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add the nuts.
3. Blend the two mixtures and spoon gently into the loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes or until center is set.